Rubric 2 Theme
This page will be the tracker for the Rubric 2 theme, updated by Vkaryl, previously updated by Tom Raftery. This page is in draft status, so please check back in a day or so for more information. While the theme is still a work in progress, it is now perfectly usable. I have several enhancements I’d like to make, thus creating the “Perfect Theme”. If you don’t feel like waiting forever, though, go ahead and give the Rubric theme a try. I’m using the version here, so if you see what you like, you know what you’re going to get.
I found a site that is running a custom version of Rubric – yay! Hopefully this theme will end up giving Rubric fans the 2.0 fun they’re missing out on.
WARNING: Use the download link at your own peril. I have just got the theme working for me, and still need to clean it up. Use this download link only if you’re desperate, and can’t wait a few days. Otherwise, just bookmark me and come back soon. The theme should now be ready to throw happily on your site. If you run into issues please let me know!
Update (2006-08-23): The sidebar is better-looking now, and the file has been cleaned up some (though not completely). Also, I think the comments are missing here, so you can comment on my main blog or otherwise contact me. As I said, this is a draft page, so please check back over the next week or so for more improvements and information.
Update (2006-08-28): Several changes:
- Navigation links display cleanly on single pages, don’t overlap titles or each other. (Added missing classes to stylesheet).
- Removed extraneous (that means extra ) images from package. May add a few back in later when rotate.php works properly.
- Added sidebar to single post pages. There is a version in the package without sidebars if you prefer. Just rename single.php to single_sidebar.php, rename single_no-sidebar.php to single.php, and upload the new files. Or contact me if you have questions.
- Got the main page to validate for CSS and XHTML transitional. (Despite the fact that I barely know what any of that means. )
- That’s all I remember. I’m going to have to take better notes, or find a good file comparer….
Things still on the to-do list:
- Remove or cleanup the sidenote code. Probably remove, and leave it for a later plugin.
- Make sure other pages validate.
- Get the footer to display below the sidebar on single pages (as an option at least).
- Get a rotating header.
- (Much, much later, when my web-coding skills are powerful and scary) customize widgets some for the theme. Top goal: nice ‘subscribe’ widget on top of the sidebar. Mine’s currently on the bottom due to some bad IE effects…
Apparently getting the code to validate fixed one of the IE display issues I was having. Yay! Also, the download link above works again (it was down since my last update). Shame on me…
Added a comment field to this page. If you’re using or trying out the theme, let me know below. Any requests you’ve been wanting to make, or feedback to offer? Now’s your chance!
2009-02-06 – 2.05
- Removed script tag in header file that linked to this site. I’m tired of seeing other people’s traffic numbers.
- Also added ‘pre’ tag (thanks to shreevatsa), but this is experimental and needs testing. For the time being, the 2.04 version will remain in place as well until I am satisfied with 2.05.
- 2.04 and 2.05 both work with the latest WP version (2.7), as far as I know. If you find any problems please let me know.